Saturday, September 12, 2009

With a Bang, Not a Whimper

And here I thought yesterday was going to be an easy, quiet day for Freja. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Freja decided to start off this SS10 season with a resounding bang, walking for Rag & Bone, opening the Arise: African Promise Collective show (strangely enough) and opening Erin Wasson's RVCA show. Only her first day and she already has three shows and two opening slots under her belt? This season is certainly getting off on the right foot.

@ :30, :40 and 1:35

@ :30 and 1:25


Her walk seems little different to me, mostly in the arms. It's subtle, but better. Anyway, can we use yesterday as a good indicator of things to come for the rest of the month? Will the pace of Freja's show season match the explosive pace of her recent editorial work? What other surprises are in store for us? The frenzy of fashion month is back full force and I'm totally on the edge of my seat and completely caught up in the whirlwind, despite my best efforts to maintain some semblance of a normal life. Sigh. I love it though!

I'm also happy to see some of my other favorite girls doing well so far. Karolin Wolter closed Rag & Bone, and Karmen Pedaru was at Preen along with Sara Blomqvist.



I'm kind of curious. Who are some of your other favorite models? Any newbies you think I should check out? Who are you excited to see walk? Speaking of newbies, I think Julija Step is definitely one to watch. She walked Rag & Bone and she's been showing up a lot of other shows. If IMG plays the right cards, I see major stuff for this classically gorgeous girl.



Image Credits: coutorture.com

5 comments:

Tørlich said...

All the Danish girls are pretty high on my list:
Freja, Charlotte Høyer (or Hoyer, depending on how they write it), Pernille Moeller, Louise P, Eva Helene and Agnete Hegelund.
But otherwise I'm so digging Siri Tollerød at the moment, and Daria is always a fave.

Rrose Sélavy said...

I love Agnete! But word is she's going to back to school and skipping out this season. :(

SF said...

Well my fave has decided to come back this season after being out for a while and already opened on her first walk.i dare you to guess who. hints: she was huge from ss05-ss07 before going semi-retired and you've already posted a pic of her here!

as for the dark horses you've already mention some of my faves:Karmen and Sara
you should check out: Emily Di Donato,hannah holman(even she hasn't appeared anywhere yet), ymre and Auguste(the one that cried at jil sander)
lastly, i hope Daria will make an appearance somewhere.

Rrose Sélavy said...

I think Hannah and Auguste could be CK exclusives. :)

Egle said...

From newbies Julija Steponaviciute is among my faves.
Love to see Karolin Wolter, Nimue Smith