Friday, September 11, 2009

And Here We Go!




As expected, Freja walked in the Rag & Bone show tonight. Fashion month has officially begun! From now until October it's going to be an absolute whirlwind through New York, London (!!), Milan and Paris. I hope you're ready!

Since I do have a day job to maintain, I'm just going to do one big update at the end of each city with occasional posts in between when it's necessary. I'm sure that everyone at tFS will practically be live-updating anyway, so my posting here after every show will be redundant for those of you who are members over there as well. Anyway, I'll try my best to keep up, so bear with me. New York fashion week only started yesterday and my eyes are already glazing over from image overload.

Just had to post one more shot. Look at her cracking a smile. :)



Image Credits: getty.com via tFS member asmanis, racked.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

did they really stylized her in a mullet?!

Rrose Sélavy said...

lol, no. Her hair is done half up half down like all the other girls. I guess the bangs are throwing you off?

Anonymous said...

oh it's pulled back.phew! that was a close one lol.

Anonymous said...

great to hear she did the Arise show and even opened it.

Anonymous said...

I am more than happy that she opened Arise show. The fact those designers are getting a voice is great. Freja being part of it is random but a very good random I say.

Rrose Sélavy said...

I'm happy for Freja of course, but I think they could have gone with someone else. Everyone is always saying black models need more exposure, so if they can't even use a black model to open this show, that's pretty lame. If they were going with a white girl, they could have at least gone with Behati as the opener. She did walk the show and she actually grew up in Namibia. I don't know...maybe I'm the only one that feels the ridiculousness of this?

Anonymous said...

You know RRose your right. I'm bias cause it's Freja so any show she opens/closes is all good but there is a bigger subect at large. The irony is they didn't use black/African model as opener because probably didn't want to make the show too black. Unfortunatley, this industry that we admire is adherently a racist institution. No matter how the powers that be dress the subject up.

Rrose Sélavy said...

Yes, even though I love fashion, I'm not so naive that I don't see the racism...and classism, and ageism for that matter. There are many inherent things wrong with the industry that how do you even go about beginning to change them? This is something fashion will have to face head on or it will lose it's relevance completely.