Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Backstage Glimpses

I've seen so many pictures of Freja in the past few weeks that I just can't remember what's new and what's old. I think these are new backstage images, but I'm posting them here instead of at tFS just in case they are reposts.


Chloe



Karl Lagerfeld


Valentino

My mind is an absolute jumble of images. It's hard enough trying to keep up with all the collections, but this season I decided it would also be fun to keep up with as many new girls as I possibly can in addition to keeping tabs on Freja. Hence, my addiction to the Runway Model Showlist thread at tFS. I like to see how many girls I can identify in a show, and I've definitely gotten better since the start of the season but I'm still no match for the pros over there. Some of the posters are simply amazing in their identifying abilities. Face covered up? No problem. They'll just use the ears as a reference point.

Interestingly enough, after a while you start to see similar features in girls that look nothing alike. And you start to see certain facial feature paragons present throughout all the girls' faces no matter where they're from. It's quite the lesson in geography and anthropology, albeit not a very productive one. Oh well. At the very least, I can spell Eastern European last names like no other. Do you think I can put that on my resume?

Image Credits: corbis.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

faith and *Bianca are incredible in IDing models.

Rrose Sélavy said...

^They are! And so is fadedcolors. I'm seriously in awe of all of them.

Anonymous said...

helllooo?? where is the chanel review? I cant wait to hear your take :)

Rrose Sélavy said...

lol, I'm flattered that you actually want to hear what I have to say. :) But I don't think I'm going to write a Chanel review. tbh, I don't really know how I feel about the whole thing and I'm just too tired to think it out right now. Maybe eventually, but by then I think it will be a moot point.

Anonymous said...

:( too bad.i was looking forward to your reviews. they're excellent.

Anonymous said...

Aw no! I really wanted to hear your opinion :( I think it was interesting to say the least. An official outing of Freja? I'm kind of jealous of Baptiste as well, more so Lara!

If you're not going to post on that (although I really hope you will!) then you should have a look at frejas newest numero 107 editorial. i think its one of her strongest works

Anonymous said...

p.s. commenter at 9.59 is the one at 6.44 as well :)

Rrose Sélavy said...

Ok, if the inspiration strikes me and I get the time I'll write about it. But it probably won't be until late next week as this weekend is busy for me, and I want to do some fashion month clean up posts first.

Nice to know the stuff I write about doesn't get lost in the vortex. Thanks for being such great readers!! I very much appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

oh no pressure. take your time after all this is your site.we're just tagging along.
i'm poster 9:58 btw. lol