Thursday, July 29, 2010

Random Bits: Inspiration, Encounters and Candids

-Molly Girard Coonan and Alice Barlow, the two people behind new label Barlow, are just like us in that they find a source of inspiration in Freja. Her picture is apparently up on their inspiration board, and they told NY Mag's The Cut that they "like to mix in elements that are both masculine and sexy." Well, if you ask me they couldn't have picked a more perfect source for that type of inspiration.

-I came across a lovely (but oldish) Freja encounter. During the shooting of the editorial "Before the Fall" for Vogue UK August 2008, fashion intern Rebecca got to meet Freja and just recently posted about the experience (complete with pictures) on her blog. Here's a snippet of what she had to say:
"Anyway in between camera flashes and set manoeuvres I found myself, the overzealous intern, engrossed in conversation with Freja and mesmerised by how laid back she was. Personally, I was overwhelmed by the whole experience. I’d acquired my own chauffeur for the day to ferry me to and from the studio, I was immersed in a sea of designer shoes and garments that, no doubt, amounted to more than what I would earn in my life time and I had drinks, CHOCOLATE, and first class food on tap. Freja was, obviously, used to what I wasn’t! and seemed so happy to sit and chat with me about me – oh and tatoos. She has ‘Float’ scrawled across her neck amidst numerous other skin engravings. She informed me that she just floats through life – like I hadn’t noticed."
You can see the pictures over on her blog as I don't feel comfortable posting them on here because I really only came across them by chance.

-Lastly, here's a candid picture of Freja, Abbey Lee and Leigh Lezark back in May at the Chanel Cruise show that was held in St. Tropez. It's still slightly odd to see Freja wearing a "color" other than black. ;)



Image Credits: My Scan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you happen to know what Luis vuitton campaign she talks about at the end of her post. I don't recall freja ever doing one.

Anonymous said...

i know she had a LV lookbook in 07.. does anyone know who got the LV campaign for 08?maybe she was replaced later or her photos never got published??

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that maybe the blogger remembered it wrong and got it confused for Roberto Cavalli? Meisel was shooting the s/s 09 campaign and it was with Madonna so I doubt that Freja would've been an option at all.

Anonymous said...

I remembered that Freja only did LV Pre Fall 06

Wow she wore exactly the same jeans and sandals when exiting recent Valentino O_o. I heard that Freja buys some items and wears them non-stop. Now it's so true to me

Rrose Sélavy said...

For all we know, she could have been an option, but then got canceled. So much wheeling and dealing goes on behind the scenes that I'm sure we would all be very surprised to learn even half of what goes on.

Anonymous said...

it might not be the mainline it could the cruise campaign, accessories campaign or even a look book...