Monday, June 21, 2010

Tom Ford Eyewear

In other news, add one more campaign to Freja's impressive list this season:
"Tom Ford liked directing actor Nicholas Hoult in “A Single Man” so much that he recast him again in the role of fashion model. Ford photographed Hoult and model Freja Beha Erichsen in London for his fall campaign, composing the images with ravens. Hoult models Tom Ford men’s wear and eyewear, while Erichsen wears only eyewear and a strategically placed scarf. The new campaign breaks in the International Herald Tribune during Men’s Fashion Week in Milan and will run in September books."
I believe this marks their first time working together, as Ford had already left Gucci by the time Freja started walking its runways. This is a rather interesting choice for Ford. No offense to Freja, but she doesn't really fit the mold of a typical Tom Ford beauty. But maybe that's what he's going for with this campaign; he wanted to put forth a different aesthetic and move away from the extremely glamorous and sexy vibe he's so well known for. Or maybe this campaign will see Freja transforming into someone we've never seen before. After all, this past year has given us lots of unexpected moments and pairings as we've seen Freja's career rise to heights and achievements previously thought to be unattainable for her.

Images should be released shortly so I guess we'll soon find out the reasoning behind this interesting casting choice. I'm thrilled of course, but I still find it pretty strange to go from girls like Anna Maria Jagodzinska and Caroline Murphy....to Freja. Whatever, get it girl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tonf Ford and Freja, two of my absolute favourites, I can't wait to see the results.
Such a change of direction, for both I suppose, depending on what the campaign looksl ike.
xx

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that there will be some sort of androgynous vibe with this campaign. Idk, odd choice for Ford.

kim said...

It's great for both of them to seek new directions. I have been appreciating the new way people are seeing Freja; she is no longer the androgynous girl, I mean, she still is but that's not her only identity. Freja has became a more versatilely styled model.
I wonder if working for Tom Ford means Freja is hitting the American market more, maybe we will see her in American Vogue very soon? Not only a 2 picture editorial with 5 other girls and maybe Freja will become the new Karlie. OMG! (I don't really think so but I can dream)
Anyway, I am more than happy to see Freja working with Tom Ford. I am sure she is too, she once said in an interview very long time ago that she loves Tom Ford's time of Gucci.

Anonymous said...

Great news! I really liked his last campaign with Carolyn Murphy and and Hoult. So I am assuming this will be an eyewear campaign? It will be interesting to see how he decides to present Freja. Another great news coming from Tom Ford's camp would be his foray back into designing womenswear. *fingers cross*

Anonymous said...

I was flicking through some old magazines, and saw one of her old Cavalli eyewear ads, it's in a similar style to Tom Ford so if those are anything to go by... it's going to be hot. xo

Anonymous said...

I looove the fact that Freja got the TFE campaign and i think it's such a great turn for Tom to use such a different model. I think her and Nicholas are going to look fabulous together in the pics and i just can't wait to see them!