Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chanel Haute Couture

No surprises here. Freja showed up at the Chanel Haute Couture show earlier today wearing three beautiful looks. No special treatment. No opening or closing looks. No smirks. No different hair style. She was just one of the runway girls, and I don't know why but that's utterly refreshing to me. Sometimes you just want to see a model do her job and do it well, without all the fanfare and hubbub that can happen.


The toned down affair, both in setting and in color, was quite beautiful if misleadingly simple. If you get a chance, zoom in on the details and you'll see what distinguishes Haute Couture from RTW and why these pieces cost upwards of tens of thousands of dollars. Freja wore a softened expression on her face to match the mood, instantly drawing up nostalgia in me for the old days. I definitely don't miss seeing that hard, stern glare that used to be her frequent runway companion. What always surprises me with models like Freja (and Raquel, Daria, etc.) is how they manage to seem ageless despite surviving through the rigors of a stressful industry like fashion. I guess the ageless gene, in addition to the skinny, tall, and good skin genes, are what distinguish them from us mere plebeians. ;)

Valentino Haute Couture shows tomorrow....any bets on whether Freja will be there or not?

Image Credits: style.it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has three looks, I think I can settle with that. :(