Tuesday, January 18, 2011

H&M

Are you there fashion gods? It's me, Margaret. Ok, seriously, my name's not really Margaret, but someone must have heard my repetitive musings on the triteness of Freja and androgyny, because this is everything that I could have ever hoped for and wanted in terms of an antidote.



Smiling and frolicking (sort of) in ruffles and lace? Why yes, of course. Looking easy, breezy and oh so commercial? Most definitely. This is a far, far cry from the rough and tough tomboyish image that made Freja "famous" and won her the adoration of drooling fan girls everywhere. But this is much, much closer to the image of Freja that I fell in love with all those years ago. If this is a sign of things to come in 2011, then color me excited. With a refreshed image comes refreshed ideas. :)

By the way, I must say that Raquel looks amazing with her new short hair. The two of them together in this ad is giving me serious nostalgia for the fashion landscape circa 2006. Those were simpler, purer times; but then again, everything seems that way in hindsight.

Image Credits: zinio.com via tFS member FRANCY ITALY

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love feminine Freja too. Don't stop talking about that so we will get to see that side more often.lol
Anyway,hope you will still keep this blog going. I honestly come here not for the up-to-the-minute news but to read on what YOU THINK on freja's work.You're giving her work so much depth by your analyses ;-)Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

HOLA!!

FREJA SE VE TAN FRESCA, PURA, FELIZ Y FEMENINA... 2011 TIEMPO DE LAS SORPRESAS:-)

annie said...

love this! i'm surprised in the best way.

Anonymous said...

i~m very glad for freja. denmark would be proud of her.

Anonymous said...

what a nice blog!!!!!!i'm so excited to discover it!!thank u for sharing so much about Freja!!!

Adriana said...

OMG I just walked past a bunch of billboards in the front of the H&M store in Midtown West with photos of this shoot. Freja looks AMAZING! She's glowing in those pictures. I even changed sidewalks just to take a closer look even though I was going somewhere else, haha.