Friday, April 17, 2009

Versatility Validated

Versatility is a term that is all too frequently thrown around when it comes to models. I think there are actually only a few girls who are truly versatile and Freja is one of them. Here's your proof:

Bergdorf Goodman Catalog FW07
Ph: Candace Meyer


The Rise of the Cyber Patrol
Vogue Nippon January 2009
Ph: Nathaniel Goldberg


This is why I absolutely adore Freja as a model. She can go from looking so beautiful and feminine to looking so androgynous and tough. Her facial features seem to adapt so easily to these extreme moods. And yet, when you see her in candids and backstage photos, you can always recognize her distinctive face. This seemingly contradictory quality is something truly special in a model, and all the top girls have it.

On a side note, the first set of pictures was gathered from three different sources and I'm sure some of them are outtakes. If anyone has any more information about the catalog shoot, or better yet some of the pictures in HQ, leave me a comment. I'd really appreciate it. It's one my favorite sets and I've been trying to find out more about it!

Image Credits:
First Set: candacemeyer.com,
jkreps.com, Mixologies LiveJournal
Second Set: Scanned by tFS member MAGstyle

No comments: