Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gucci Girl

The rumors can finally be put to rest because it is official: Freja is a Gucci campaign girl for the fifth time! She's been cast in the upcoming FW0910 campaign along with Raquel Zimmerman, Natasha Poly and Jacquetta Wheeler. Those are the only confirmed names so far. Earlier speculation put the total model count at nine, so if those rumors are to be believed, we are still missing five names. Members at tFS have thrown around the likes of Anja Rubik, Lily Donaldson, and Abbey Lee Kershaw as possibilities for the other models. And considering that Inez and Vinoodh are shooting, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eniko Mihalik either. But we'll have to wait for more official word.

After going through a slight slump campaign wise these last few seasons, Freja is back in top form nabbing both the Chanel and Gucci campaigns. A total coup for any model as both are big name, blue-chip campaigns. This is a repeat of her SS07 campaign season and I couldn't be happier. It's just reassuring to see that Freja is still at the top after all these seasons, without the help of Steven Meisel I might add. (Yes, I am still bitter about the fact that he won't work with her, but that's another story.) Freja's looks fit perfectly with the Gucci brand, and while many people are already complaining about the boring casting, I am excited about the reunion of the three Gucci by Gucci perfume campaign models.

Anyway, the official news was broken by tFS member JSYK but there have been whsipers around the internet for weeks that Freja was in. And just yesterday I came across more evidence that I feel I can post about now. While I was reading this article in the NY Times about Frida Giannini and the return of the boyfriend suit, this quote immediately stuck out in my mind:
But she has an ability to hit on the mood of the moment, whether it is the new advertising campaign she is shooting in London with the photographic duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin or her “fetish,” thigh-high boots.
Then I was browsing Freja's "official website" and came across this answer from her in response to a fan question:
i was actually in london when my family celebrated easter, but ive been home for a day now hanging out with my friends, cooking, jammin, had a lot of fun, but tomorrow im off to new york, city ive missed!
I don't think Freja travels to London a lot unless it's for work, so here we have even more evidence if you're willing to believe that the official site is legitimate. And New York? Wonder what Freja could be doing there? Shooting another campaign perhaps? Or maybe an editorial? It's fun to think about the possibilities, isn't it?

2 comments:

The Rebel said...

Can't wait. She is gonna be Huge again in this season. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I love Freja. Thank you for doing this, and I really appreciate your effort.Looking forward for more.