Friday, December 10, 2010

More Harry Winston

Thanks to a few lovely anonymous commenters in my previous post, I was directed to some more shots of Freja's Harry Winston Jewelry campaign, shot by Patrick Demarchelier.





Freja looks so great in these, albeit a bit too airbrushed. But whatever...she's smiling and positively radiant! WWD just came out with a report about Harry Winston's earnings, and now I think I have an idea as to why they went with Freja for the campaign; being the unconventional, but brilliant, choice that she was.
"Increased demand for luxury goods and higher sales from Asian consumers helped the luxury jeweler post a profit of $3.9 million..."

"The engine of this recovery is being fueled by the Far East as Chinese citizens become consumers not only at home, but also in the luxury shopping districts of the developed world,” chairman and chief executive officer Robert Gannicott said on a call with analysts."
Call me crazy, but it seems to me like Freja was picked to front the campaign because she has appeal to the Asian consumer. We all know how popular she is over there, so this just makes sense to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just making connections where there are no connections to make. But all of this is still interesting to say the least....

Image Credits: harrywinston.com via Noctilux tumblr

9 comments:

Mona Lisa Overdrive said...

Look at these pictures! OMG she is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us. (^_^)

Anonymous said...

from the same source:

http://50mmf12l.tumblr.com/post/2175140360/freja

;-))

Flaviavn said...

sorry for not crediting your quote. Not that I meant to stole it from you, it's just the culture thing, people in my country doesn't take credit seriously. It's stupid, I know. Thanks anyway.

Annika said...

Gorgeous! And I think the same thing, given all the work she had in Japan and South Korea.

Siru said...

I just love her here!

juliet xxx

Nat Blomqvist said...

Her smile in these pictures is wider than I've ever seen it... It's almost infectious :)

I'm not entirely sure what it is (it very well could be that I'm not used to the massive smile) but when I saw one of these in a magazine for the first time I had to do a triple take before I realized it was Freja. The face is different in a way that made it difficult for me to recognize her, and that wasn't something I was impressed with.

And the airbrushing of the tattoos? If Harry Winston was choosing Freja because he was aiming at Asian markets, you would think he would try to capitalize on the things that make Freja well, Freja. The tattoos are an inseparable part of that. Actually, this sort of works for my previous comments regarding the changes in her face. I can understand that this is meant to be clean and elegant, but at the same time, I really question the reasoning behind it.

RUNWAY Blog said...

Normally I don't like Freja that much, but I have to say she looks very hot here!

Gabrielle said...

omg!when i first saw this ad,i screamed! If i am a man, i will absolutely marry this girl!
but i really don't know how popular Freja is over Asia as I am an Asian and i just saw 1or2 covers on the magazines lol...
can someone answer me please?

Anonymous said...

Freja is brilliant. But I doubt the luxury Chinese consumer group have any clue about her.