Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poked and Prodded

A model's life isn't all about glamour, all the time. When they're not rushing from shows to fittings to rehearsals at all hours of the day and night, they're being fussed over backstage as if they were life sized Barbies. Personal space is something that I really value and I don't think I could take a billion people in my face all the time without going psycho. So this is one aspect of the industry where I'm more than happy to be just a spectator.

Take a look at these backstage prep pictures from throughout Freja's career. They give us an interesting glimpse into the life of a model, and I also think they remind us that models are normal people. Yes, they're all super tall, thin and gorgeous, but when you get down to it they're people who experience the gamut of emotions and feelings and it's nice to have those captured backstage outside the veneer of the catwalk.


Freja looks SO young in some of these pictures!




Check out that mischievous smile in the center picture.


Wouldn't you looked pissed too if you had that many people pulling on your hair?


Backstage is the perfect time to catch up on your music.


Ouch!






Freja sees you!

Image Credits: Corbis, Firstview, Style.com, Vmagazine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your blog! I know it takes patience to do this, and from one of Freja's admirers, I thank you.

Rrose Sélavy said...

Thank you for your nice comment! I'm glad that someone out there is reading this blog. :)

Skinny Bado said...

I love your blog too and freja too... thank u so much for all your hardwork. compiling photos and infos takes a very very long time (i know since i have a blog too). am a shifter! from coco now i love freja more and more...